Assessments Determination After Removal of Double Counting of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Methodology from the Optional Regulatory Capital Transitions
This tool summarizes the FDIC’s proposed rule that removes double counting of CECL transitional amounts from determinations of certain regulatory capital for the purposes of further determining the deposit insurance risk-assessment rate. The following are key takeaways of the changes:
- The proposed rule only applies to large and highly complex banks.
- The double counting issue arises when CECL transitional amounts are included in Tier 1 capital and reserves for the purposes of the FDIC risk-assessment rate determination.
- The proposed rule revises determinations made in the Scorecard to remove the CECL transitional amounts from the reserve calculation in the: (1) Credit Quality Measure; (2) Concentration Measure; and (3) Loss Severity Measure.
- The proposed rule does not make any changes to the 2019 or 2020 CECL Rules.
- The FDIC will not make retroactive adjustments to prior quarterly assessments that may have over or understated the deposit insurance risk-assessment rate.
Members Can Download This Tool
Login to Download
Not Yet a Member?
Our members enjoy:
On-demand regulatory guidance hotline – by chat, phone and email – available from anywhere, on any device – 7 am - 6 pm, M-F, Central time
Research time saved daily & weekly across forms, checklists, and trainings — for every regulation
Hours of form-building and branding of bank documents saved; in some cases, even the budget of additional staff
A sounding board for support and reassessment when institutional goals or the regulatory environment changes
Access to attorneys and compliance specialists for risk modelling and decision-making in advance of large business decisions
The knowledge that C/A was created and owned by 30 State Bankers Association to provide bank compliance services to their membership organizations
Find out how a personalized team of attorneys and compliance professionals helps build targeted compliance strategies throughout your institution when you take our Live Membership Demo.