FDIC Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion to Meet Next Week
June 22, 2022 / Source: FDIC
WASHINGTON – The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion (ComE-IN) will meet on Tuesday, June 28, to discuss the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to modernize the Community Reinvestment Act, and issues of equity in residential property valuation and appraisal. The committee members will also discuss key challenges facing their communities or organizations. Read the full agenda here.
The new members of the committee are:
- Steven Antonakes, Executive Vice President for Enterprise Risk Management, Eastern Bank, Boston, Massachusetts
- Michael Calhoun, President, Center for Responsible Lending, Washington, District of Columbia
- Thomas Foley, Executive Director, National Disability Institute, Berkeley, California
- Brandee McHale, Head of Community Investing and Development at Citi and President, Citi Foundation, New York, New York
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Corp and First Independence Bank, Detroit, Michigan
The new members join the following Advisory Committee members:
- Raphael Bostic, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- Naomi Camper, Chief Policy Officer, American Bankers Association, Washington, District of Columbia
- Margaret Libby, Founder & CEO, MyPath, San Francisco, California
- Lisa Mensah, President & CEO, Opportunity Finance Network, Washington, District of
- Jonathan Mintz, President & CEO, Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund, New York, New York
- Jennifer Tescher, President & CEO, Financial Health Network, Chicago, Illinois
- Christina Tetreault, Deputy Commissioner, Office of Financial Technology Innovation, California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, Sacramento, California
The meeting will be Webcast live at http://fdic.windrosemedia.com beginning at 1:00 p.m., ET.
ComE-IN was established by the FDIC Board of Directors in November 2006 to provide the agency with advice and recommendations on important initiatives to expand access to banking services for underserved populations. For more information about the committee and its initiatives, visit http://www.fdic.gov/about/comein/.