The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today issued the updated “Liquidity” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook, which is prepared for use by OCC examiners in connection with the examination and supervision of banks.1 This booklet provides examiners with guidance on assessing the quantity of a bank’s liquidity risk and quality of liquidity risk management.
Updates are summarized in the “Table of Updates Since Publication” in the back of the booklet. Refer to the “Foreword” booklet of the Comptroller’s Handbook for more information regarding the OCC’s process for revising and updating booklets.
The updated booklet replaces version 1.1 of the “Liquidity” booklet issued in August 2021. Also rescinded is OCC Bulletin 2021-38, “Liquidity: Updated Comptroller’s Handbook Booklet and Rescissions,” issued on August 16, 2021.
Note for Community Banks
The “Liquidity” booklet applies to the OCC’s supervision of community banks.1
The updated booklet
- discusses risks associated with liquidity.
- reflects changes in regulations since the booklet was last updated.
- includes clarifying edits regarding supervisory guidance, sound risk management practices, and legal language.
- reflects OCC issuances published since the booklet was last updated.
- revises certain content for general clarity.
Please contact the Treasury and Market Risk Policy Division at (202) 649-6360.
Grovetta N. Gardineer
Senior Deputy Comptroller for Bank Supervision Policy