Press Release: FDIC Announces New Members for the Advisory Committee on Community Banking
March 28, 2019 / Source: FDIC
FDIC Announces New Members for the Advisory Committee on Community Banking
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 28, 2019
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) has announced the selection of six new members to its Advisory Committee on Community Banking, which has been providing advice and recommendations to the FDIC on a broad range of community bank policy and regulatory matters since it was established in 2009. The Advisory Committee members represent a cross-section of community bankers from around the country.
“The Advisory Committee provides key information and input to the FDIC on issues facing community banks,” said FDIC Chairman Jelena McWilliams. “We are fortunate to have such talented and highly respected professionals as a resource. I look forward to working with the Advisory Committee members.”
The Advisory Committee on Community Banking discusses and provides input to the FDIC on a wide variety of topics, including current examination policies and procedures, credit and lending practices, deposit insurance assessments, insurance coverage and regulatory compliance.
The new members of the Advisory Committee are:
- Dick Beshear, Chairman, President & CEO, First Security Bank and Trust Company, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Keith Epstein, EVP & CEO, Roxboro Savings Bank, Roxboro, North Carolina
- Bruce Kimbell, President & CEO, First Community Bank of the Heartland, Clinton, Kentucky
- Thomas Leavitt, President & CEO, Northfield Savings Bank, Northfield, Vermont
- Lori Maley, President & CEO, Bank of Bird-in-Hand, Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania
- Cathy Stuchlik, Chairwoman & President, Clackamas County Bank, Sandy, Oregon
The new members will join the following individuals already serving on the committee:
- Fred DeBiasi, President & CEO, American Savings Bank, Middletown, Ohio
- Christopher Donnelly, President & CEO, Bank of the Prairie, Olathe, Kansas
- Asif Dakri, Vice Chairman & CEO, Wallis Bank, Houston, Texas
- James J. Edwards, Jr., CEO, United Bank, Zebulon, Georgia
- David J. Hanrahan, Sr., former President & CEO, Capital Bank of New Jersey, Vineland, New Jersey
- Danny J. Kelly, President & CEO, The Hometown Bank of Alabama, Oneonta, Alabama
- Kenneth Kelly, Chairman & CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Michigan
- Tiffany Baer Paine, President & CEO, Security Bank USA, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Alan Shettlesworth, President & COO, Main Bank, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Joseph W. Turner, President & CEO, Great Southern Bank, Springfield, Missouri
- Louise Walker, President & CEO, First Northern Bank, Dixon, California
- Len E. Williams, President & CEO, People's Utah Bancorp & CEO, People's Intermountain Bank, American Fork, Utah
For more information, please visit the Advisory Committee on Community Banking webpage at http://www.fdic.gov/communitybanking/.
# # #
Congress created the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 1933 to restore public confidence in the nation's banking system. The FDIC insures deposits at the nation's banks and savings associations, 5,406 as of December 31, 2018. It promotes the safety and soundness of these institutions by identifying, monitoring and addressing risks to which they are exposed. The FDIC receives no federal tax dollars—insured financial institutions fund its operations.
FDIC press releases and other information are available on the Internet at www.fdic.gov, by subscription electronically (go to www.fdic.gov/about/subscriptions/index.html) and may also be obtained through the FDIC's Public Information Center (877-275-3342 or 703-562-2200). PR-24-2019