Summary of Deposits Survey and Filing for June 30, 2021
June 02, 2021 / Source: FDIC
The Summary of Deposits (SOD) is the annual survey of branch office deposits as of June 30 for all FDIC-insured institutions, including insured U.S. branches of foreign banks. All institutions with branch offices are required to submit the survey; institutions with only a main office are exempt. All survey responses are required by July 31, 2021. No filing extensions will be granted.
Statement of Applicability: This Financial Institution Letter (FIL) applies to all FDIC-insured institutions.
- By June 30, 2021, institutions should review their current branch office information using the FDIC’s BankFind website and submit changes through FDICconnect (FCX). Details on how to use FCX are provided in the SOD reporting instructions. Changes that cannot be submitted through FCX should be included in the SOD survey.
- Beginning July 1, 2021, institutions may submit their SOD survey. All survey responses are required by July 31, 2021. No extensions will be granted for submitting SOD data.
- Institutions must either complete the survey directly in the Central Data Repository (CDR) or use vendor software to prepare and submit their survey responses to the CDR. Software vendors available to assist with the SOD filing are listed under “Filing Procedures” on page 3 of this FIL.
- Reporting instructions are available on the FDIC’s Summary of Deposits website.
- No later than September 30, 2021, SOD survey results will be published on the FDIC’s Deposit Market Share website.
FDIC-Insured Institutions, including Insured U.S. Branches of Foreign Banks
Chief Executive Officer
Summary of Deposits Preparer