Statement Regarding the Provision of Financial Products and Services to Consumers with Limited English Proficiency
This tool summarizes the CFPB’s Statement Regarding the Provision of Financial Products and Services to Consumers with Limited English Proficiency.
The CFPB’s goals with the Statement are to:
- promote access to financial products for all consumers;
- facilitate compliance by providing clear rules of the road; and
- educate and empower consumers to make better informed financial decisions.
- The CFPB provided five guiding principles for banks to use in accommodating Limited English Proficiency consumers.
- The CFPB provided its key considerations in accommodating Limited English Proficiency consumers consistent with its guiding principles.
- The CFPB also provided the generally applicable guidelines for a CMS to put this guidance into practice while mitigating regulatory risk.
Members Can Download This Tool
Login to Download
Not Yet a Member?
Our members enjoy:
On-demand regulatory guidance hotline – by chat, phone and email – available from anywhere, on any device – 7 am - 6 pm, M-F, Central time
Research time saved daily & weekly across forms, checklists, and trainings — for every regulation
Hours of form-building and branding of bank documents saved; in some cases, even the budget of additional staff
A sounding board for support and reassessment when institutional goals or the regulatory environment changes
Access to attorneys and compliance specialists for risk modelling and decision-making in advance of large business decisions
The knowledge that C/A was created and owned by 30 State Bankers Association to provide bank compliance services to their membership organizations
Find out how a personalized team of attorneys and compliance professionals helps build targeted compliance strategies throughout your institution when you take our Live Membership Demo.